- Came from a broken home
- Started using drugs and alcohol at an early age
- Became a drug dealer & joined street gang by age of 15
- Went to jail a number of times
- Contemplated suicide
- Never thought I’d live past 18
“I was rejected by both of my parents. I turned to drugs and alcohol at an early age to escape the pain of homelessness. I joined a street gang by the age of 14. I went to jail plenty of times. I thought of suicide even more times. Truth is, I shoulda been dead…” – Damien Jackson
- Happily married, family relationship restored
- Free from drugs, alcohol & gangs
- A Youth Mentor for over 5 years now. Worked helping troubled youth in Atlanta, London, New York, Houston and now in Dallas.
- Public speaker; have been on TV & Radio programs
- The movie “Rusx” is based on my story
- Travel across the States speaking in public schools and for book signing events.
“I had a troubled childhood, but I don’t regret it because it taught me things that some people may never know. My life changed when I realized I couldn’t do it on my own. One decision changed everything, and because of that, I now devote my life to reaching out to others like me…” – Damien Jackson